Face Masks Policy
- All staff and participants are REQUIRED to wear a face mask during Rosie Riveters' programs.
- Rosie Riveters has disposable masks available for participants or guardians who require a face mask.
COVID-19 Notice and Disclosure
COVID-19 is a novel and extremely contagious communicable illness that is spread through person-to-person interactions. COVID-19 can cause symptoms in any infected individual, though data indicate that older individuals and those with existing medical conditions are at a higher risk of developing severe symptoms and complications. Not all individuals infected with COVID-19 display any symptoms, but such individuals may nonetheless be contagious and spread the infection. COVID-19 is also associated with a serious and potentially deadly condition called Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C). State and local authorities are closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and have introduced mandatory quarantines, social distancing, and other safety measures to try to mitigate the spread of the disease.
Consistent with state guidance, Rosie Riveters continues to develop and implement policies and practices, and implement modifications to our STEM Kits and Supplies, to help promote a safer environment (as outlined above).
Rosie Riveters has provided me with the COVID-19 Policy that will be in effect while COVID-19 remains a concern. However, circumstances are evolving rapidly, and federal, state, and local school operating procedures continue to evolve. I understand that Rosie Riveters may deviate from the guidelines and expectations set forth in the COVID-19 Policy, in its discretion as individual circumstances may warrant.
By accepting a spot in Rosie Riveters' program, I, on my own behalf and on behalf of the participant, acknowledge and agree that the participant and I will adhere to the policies and expectations set forth in the COVID-19 Policy as well as any other expectations established by Rosie Riveters, and that failure to do so may result in removal from the Rosie Riveters program, as determined by Rosie Riveters, in its sole discretion.
Although Rosie Riveters will meet all applicable safety requirements, so long as COVID-19 continues to spread by community transmission and until there is an effective vaccine, there will be a risk that participants could become infected with COVID-19 despite Rosie Riveters’ efforts. That risk extends to the families of participants, as well as others with whom the participant may have contact.
Daily Symptom Check-List
Please review the Symptom Checklist below before reporting to Rosie Riveters programs. If an individual has a temperature above 100.0 degrees and/or answers YES to any of the screening questions before arriving, they should stay home and not enter the building and should contact their health care provider for further instructions.
Has the participant or anyone in your immediate family experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours:
- Fever or chills (AHD defines this as 100.0℉ or greater) YES NO
- Cough YES NO
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing YES NO
- Fatigue YES NO
- Muscle or body aches YES NO
- Headache YES NO
- New loss of taste or smell YES NO
- Sore throat YES NO
- Congestion or runny nose YES NO
- Nausea or vomiting YES NO
- Diarrhea YES NO
- Within the past 14 days, has the participant or anyone in your immediate family been in close physical contact (6 feet or closer for at least 15 minutes) with a person who is known to have laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 or with anyone who has any symptoms consistent with COVID-19? YES NO
- Are you isolating or quarantining because you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 or are worried that you may be sick with COVID-19? YES NO
- Are you currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test? YES NO
Arrival and Drop Off Procedures
Social distancing during drop-off and pick-up is strongly encouraged. As all participants need to be checked-in by their parent or guardian, participants will not be permitted 10 minutes following their designated program’s start time.
Parents/guardians are asked to arrive promptly to their child’s classroom at the end of each program. Participants will be released one-by-one to avoid crowding.
Parents/guardians will not be permitted into classrooms but are welcome to wait in the common areas of the Military and Family Support Center at Joint Base Andrews.
We have taken great care to schedule these programs between breakfast and lunch. We encourage you to provide your child with a snack prior to attending the program if a snack is a part of their normal morning routines. Out of an abundance of caution Rosie Riveters will not be providing or permitting any food or drink during the program. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy please reach out to [email protected]
Hand Washing and Hand Sanitizing Procedures
- Frequent hand-washing is the most critical practice for preventing the spread of disease.
- Washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is the gold standard.
- Both staff and participants should wash/or sanitize upon arriving in the classroom, before/after using equipment, and before/after using the bathroom at a minimum.
- Hand sanitizer is available for staff and participants in classrooms.