Rosie Riveters is a 501 c3 non-profit organization whose mission is to develop preschool to middle school girls' confidence, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills through hands-on and interactive STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) projects.
The Development Director is the chief fundraiser for Rosie Riveters, responsible for developing and implementing the organization's fundraising strategy. This includes managing donor relationships, developing and executing fundraising campaigns, organizing fundraising events, and maintaining accurate and up-to-date fundraising records.
This is a new position for Rosie Riveters, and the Director will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization with significant potential for increased funding, expanded programs, and greater community impact.As Development Director, you will have the unique opportunity to make a significant impact on our growth and success. In the longer term, you will have the opportunity to build and shape a wider fundraising team, including hiring and training new staff and volunteers, and creating new fundraising initiatives. You will have the opportunity to bring your creativity and strategic thinking to the table, and work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to shape the organization's fundraising strategy and drive its growth. This role offers the chance to be an integral part of Rosie Riveters’ success,contribute to the successful achievement of our mission above, and our ultimate vision of closing the gender gap in STEM.
Whether you're an experienced development professional seeking a more flexible schedule, or you’re new to the development space and looking to expand your skills and make an impact, this position has a lot of possibilities!
- Develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan that includes a mix of grant writing, corporate sponsorships, and individual giving campaigns
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee organization of special events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Organize fundraising events and campaigns to engage with supporters and stakeholders
- Craft and deliver pitches for sponsors and community partners with the goal of developing mutually beneficial partnerships
- Provide support and guidance to the Executive Director and Board of Directors in their fundraising efforts.
- Research and identify new funding opportunities and coordinate the development and delivery of targeted pitches, grant proposals, etc.
- Develop and maintain a donor database and other systems to track fundraising progress and outcomes.
- Prepare regular reports on fundraising progress and outcomes for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- 4+ years of sales or business development experience in the non-profit space
- Experience researching and identifying new funding opportunities
- Experience developing pitches that highlight mutually beneficial partnership for varied audiences
- Proficiency in sponsorship solicitation
- Excellent relationship-building and communication with a group of diverse people
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills
- Ability to complete work independently in a focused and timely manner while managing multiple projects at once
- Familiarity with technology solutions used at Rosie Riveters for fundraising (e.g., Canva, Monday.com, Mailchimp)
- Bachelor's degree in business, non-profit management, or related field
- Experience with STEM or Education focused organizations a plus but not required
Salary & Location
The salary range for this part-time (20 hours/week) position is $35,000 to $45,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications. This is a fully remote position, although access to the Washington, DC metro region is preferred. Rosie Riveters’ operating hours are from 9am - 5pm Eastern Standard Time. Hours are flexible but general availability during these times is expected.
Our organization believes in work-life balance and provides 15 paid public holidays, 10 days paid vacation, 4 paid personal days, and paid time off during our end of the year holiday closure for salaried employees.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about Rosie Riveters at https://www.rosieriveters.com/.