Purpose and Scope
The purpose of the Parent Code of Conduct is to provide a mutual understanding to all parents/guardians and visitors to Rosie Riveters about conduct expectations while participating in Rosie Riveters’ programs, events and when interacting with Rosie Riveters’ employees and/or participants.
In order to provide a peaceful and safe learning environment, Rosie Riveters prohibits the following behaviors by parents/guardians and visitors:
- Abusive, threatening, profane or harassing communication, either in person, by e-mail or text/voicemail/phone or other written or verbal communication.
- Disruptive behavior that interferes or threatens to interfere with Rosie Riveters operations, including the effective operation of a classroom, an employee’s office or duty station, a facilities lobby, or facilities grounds, including, parking lots and car-pickup.
- Threatening to do bodily harm to a Rosie Riveters employee, visitor, fellow parent/guardian or
- Threatening to damage the property of a Rosie Riveters employee, visitor, fellow parent/guardian or student.
- Damaging or destruction of Rosie Riveters program facilities or materials
Excessive unscheduled program site visits, e-mails, text/voicemail/phone messages or other written or oral
- Rosie Riveters staff and administration may not always be immediately available to speak with you. The only way to ensure that you are able to speak with a staff member or administrator is to schedule an appointment. Staff and administrators have a practice of attempting to return all phone calls/emails within 24 hours with great success. Your calls and visits will be responded to consistent with this practice if someone is not immediately available to speak with
- Defamatory, offensive or derogatory comments regarding the Rosie Riveters or Rosie Riveters staff made publicly to others.
Any concerns that you may have regarding these matters must be made through the appropriate channels so they can be dealt with fairly, appropriately, and effectively for all. This includes use of any social media medium, including but not limited to: websites, blogs, wikis, social networking sites such as Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
Depending upon the severity of the incident, parents/guardians or visitors may be ejected from or otherwise banned from Rosie Riveters program sites and participation in Rosie Riveters sponsored events under the criminal trespass laws. In situations involving lesser infractions or where remediation is viable, a warning will be provided, either verbal or in writing, prior to the filing of trespass and issuance of a formal ban. Should a parent/guardian or visitor fail to heed the direction issued in the warning, a ban or other restrictions designed to deter the conduct will follow.