Currently hiring daytime and after-school instructors in Northern, VA!
Rosie Riveters is seeking a diverse employee pool to serve our client population. If you are looking to inspire the next generation of STEM leaders in a fun and innovative environment that is focused on hands-on and interactive learning, please apply! While teaching experience is a plus, your love for children and passion for STEM are the most important factors.
Using Rosie Riveters’ scripted lesson plans (it’s all prepped for you!), instructors guide participants through a short interactive group lesson and then move to the independent construction of a project that embodies the scientific principle explored in the lesson. Instructors oversee this self-guided building environment, where participants interact with examples in order to choose materials and develop a plan for constructing their individual projects.
- Age groups: Rosie Riveters programs are split into three age groups K-1st, 2nd-5th, 6th-8th, and teachers typically teach one group over an entire program cycle.
- Class length: ~1 Hour of Instruction + 1 hour of setup and clean up
- Duration: 1-10 Weeks (program frequency is dependent on program partners needs)
- Proven experience working with children ranging anywhere from kindergarten to 8th grade. Classroom teaching experience is not required as long as the candidate has experience working with children
- Interest in and passion for STEM education
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a group of 12-14 school-aged children. Effectiveness and patience in guiding classroom activities and thinking quickly/creatively in the face of unexpected questions or comments
- Compassionate attitude and strong understanding of child development
- Detail-oriented management of materials for programs at various sites
- Ability to interact and manage classroom volunteers, including making them comfortable in the classroom and guiding their interaction with participants
- All prospective instructors must consent to a background check prior to beginning training
To join us on our mission to inspire girls in STEM, please submit the following to Danielle (dot) Mendoza (at) rosieriveters.com
- Current resume/C.V.
- An outline of after-school and weekday availability.
- In lieu of a cover letter, please answer the following questions (either in the body of your email or a separate document; please limit your replies to 1 or 2 paragraphs per question):
- Why is increasing the number of young women who are interested in STEM important to you?
- What is your experience working with school-aged children?
- Do you have a background/career in STEM (not a requirement!). If yes, please describe.
Have questions about the instructor position, the application process, or our organization? Please email: Danielle (dot) Mendoza (at) rosieriveters.com