Currently Hiring Rosie Riveters' Program Instructors!
Rosie Riveters is seeking a diverse employee pool to serve our client population. If you are looking to inspire the next generation of STEM leaders in a fun and innovative environment that is focused on hands-on and interactive learning, please apply! While teaching experience is a plus, your love for children and passion for STEM are the most important factors.
Classroom Instructor Job Description
Using Rosie Riveters’ scripted lesson plans (it’s all prepped for you!), instructors guide participants through a short interactive group lesson and then move to the independent construction of a project that embodies the scientific principle explored in the lesson. Instructors oversee this self-guided building environment, where participants interact with examples in order to choose materials and develop a plan for constructing their individual projects.
- Age groups: Rosie Riveters programs are split into three age groups K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, and teachers typically teach one group over an entire program cycle.
- Class length: ~2 Hour of Instruction + 1 hour of setup and clean up
- Proven experience working with children ranging anywhere from kindergarten to 8th grade. Classroom teaching experience is not required as long as the candidate has experience working with children
- Interest in and passion for STEM education
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a group of 12-14 school-aged children. Effectiveness and patience in guiding classroom activities and thinking quickly/creatively in the face of unexpected questions or comments
- Compassionate attitude and strong understanding of child development
- Detail-oriented management of materials for programs at various sites
- Ability to interact and manage classroom volunteers, including making them comfortable in the classroom and guiding their interaction with participants
- All prospective instructors must consent to a background check prior to beginning training
To join us on our mission to inspire girls in STEM, please submit the following to Danielle (dot) Mendoza (at) rosieriveters.com
- Current resume/C.V.
- An outline of your availability
- Please indicate if the additional opportunity of supporting programs as a program liaison is of interest.
- In lieu of a cover letter, please answer the following questions (either in the body of your email or a separate document; please limit your replies to 1 or 2 paragraphs per question):
- Why is increasing the number of young women who are interested in STEM important to you?
- What is your experience working with school-aged children?
- Do you have a background/career in STEM (not a requirement!). If yes, please describe.
Have questions about the instructor position, the application process, or our organization? Please email: Danielle (dot) Mendoza (at) rosieriveters.com