The core of Rosie Riveters’ programs is a project-based, after-school curriculum for girls aged 4-14 (grades pre-K-8) that is open to the public and is completely free of charge. Each of the twelve sessions of our 4-week program features:
- an interactive overview of a STEM concept (density, circuits, chemical reactions, etc.);
- a tangible and hands-on project that explores that concept;
- exploration of real-world careers associated with the above project through interaction with mentors.
Registration for Rosie Riveters' Pre-K Program is OPEN!
PLEASE NOTE: This program is open to 4 and 5 year old participants who are not currently enrolled in elementary school. 5-year-olds who are enrolled in Kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year are not eligible for this program. Please use your child's age (4 and up) and Kindergarten status if they are 5 years old to determine your eligibility.
- Pre-K (4 & 5 year olds) Project: Saturday, December 15, 2018 from 2pm to 3pm at Westover Library.
2018 Fall Programs
This Fall's program takes place on one Saturday a month for three months. You must commit to attending all three sessions (see dates below) to register for the program. This program is made up of all new projects. All Rosie Riveters participants past and new are welcome to register.
Kindergarten-1st Grade- Westover Branch Library
- October 20th from 10:30am-11:30am
- November 17th from 10:30am-11:30am
- December 15th from 10:30am-11:30am
2nd-5th Grade- Columbia Pike Branch Library
- October 13th from 10:30am-12:30pm
- November 10th from 10:30am-12:30pm
- December 8th from 10:30am-12:30pm
- October 6th from 10:30am-12:30pm
- November 3rd from 10:30am-12:30pm
- December 1st from 10:30am-12:30pm
PLEASE NOTE our Late and No-Show Policies:
Each project offered by Rosie Riveters costs roughly $50/child to deliver and we want to ensure that our programs are able to provide a positive impact to as many participants as possible. With this in mind, please note our No-Show and Late Policies below:
- Please arrive on time to the start of each program. We cover a lot of information in a relatively short period so arriving late means that many important components of the lesson/project may be missed. It can also be disruptive to other participants.
- Late arrivals Policy: Those who arrive late to two classes will relinquish their remaining spots to children on the waitlist.
- We understand that plans change, especially when it comes to kids, but in order to give everyone an opportunity to enjoy the program we require a minimum of 48 hours notice so we can fill the vacant spot.
- No-show Policy: Those who fail to attend a program without prior 48 hours notice will relinquish their remaining spots to children on the waitlist.
If your business/place of employment is interested in supporting young women in STEM, please email us at this address (firstname.lastname@example.org). We have multiple opportunities for program sponsorship and involvement, including hosting STEM workshops at corporate events.
Interested in sponsoring a Rosie Riveters Project?
Since our pilot program in February 2016, Rosie Riveters has served over 250 children in Northern Virginia. We are constantly seeking new opportunities to provide girls with the confidence to try and succeed in STEM. If you are interested in bringing a Rosie Riveters program to your community please email: email@example.com.
As a small non-profit, our programs are funded on a project-by-project basis. It takes $6,920 to cover the costs of supplies, teachers, and programming logistics for each 4-week program that we offer, which means that on average, each Rosie Riveters project that a participant completes costs approximately $50 to deliver.
Support Rosie Riveters by making a donation of $25, $50, $100, $250 or $500 here: https://rosieriveters.nationbuilder.com/donate.