The core of Rosie Riveters’ programs is a project-based, after-school curriculum for girls aged 4-14 (grades pre-K-8) that is open to the public and is completely free of charge. Each of the twelve sessions of our 4-week program features:
- an interactive overview of a STEM concept (density, circuits, chemical reactions, etc.);
- a tangible and hands-on project that explores that concept;
- exploration of real-world careers associated with the above project through interaction with mentors.
***To stay up-to-date about future programs and receive first notice when registration opens, please click here to receive our monthly newsletter. ****
Registration for our Summer Reunion Programs is now OPEN! https://rosieriveters.regfox.com/rosie-riveters-reunion-program
- 2nd-5th Grade: Saturday, July 13th 10:30am- 12:30pm (Central Library, Glebe Room)*
- 6th-8th Grade: Saturday, July 13th 10:30am- 12:30pm (Central Library, Quincy Room)*
- Kindergarten-1st Grade: Saturday, July 20th 10:30am-11:30am (Central Library, Quincy Room)
* Program locations are subject to change.
2019 Fall Programs
Registration for our 2019 Summer Programs will open on Wednesday, August 28th at 8pm. https://rosieriveters.regfox.com/rosie-riveters-fall-2019-saturday-program
Saturday's: September 21st, October 19th, November 16th, December 14th
- K-1st Grade: 10:30am-11:30am
- 2nd-5th Grade: 10:30am-12:30pm
- 6th-8th Grade: 10:30am-12:30pm
These free public programs are made possible by generous supporters like you. Please consider making a $25 donation to support Rosie Riveters’s continued development of outstanding programs for everyone.
Community Center Summer Intensive and Year-Long After School Program
Registration for our Community Center programs are restricted to participants currently enrolled in Fairfax County's Department of Neighborhood and Community Services Programs. For information about registration please email email@example.com
Summer Program at Gum Springs Community Center (3rd-5th Grade)
- Monday's: July 8th - August 5th from 10am-12pm (Gum Springs Community Center)
Year-Long After School Program at Gum Springs Community Center (3rd-5th Grade)
September 2019-June 2020 every third Tuesday of the month from 4:30 pm-6:30 pm (Pizza will be provided)
- September 17th, October 15th, November 19th, December 17th, January 21st, February 18th, March 17th, April 21st, May 19th, June 16th
PLEASE NOTE our Late and No-Show Policies:
We want to ensure that our programs are able to provide a positive impact to as many participants as possible. With this in mind, please note our No-Show and Late Policies below:
- Please arrive on time to the start of each program. We cover a lot of information in a relatively short period so arriving late means that many important components of the lesson/project may be missed. It can also be disruptive to other participants.
- Late arrivals Policy: Those who arrive late to two classes will relinquish their remaining spots to children on the waitlist.
- We understand that plans change, especially when it comes to kids, but in order to give everyone an opportunity to enjoy the program we require a minimum of 48 hours notice so we can fill the vacant spot.
- No-show Policy: Those who fail to attend a program without prior 48 hours notice will relinquish their remaining spots to children on the waitlist.
Interested in sponsoring a Rosie Riveters Project?
Since our pilot program in February 2016, Rosie Riveters has served over 250 children in Northern Virginia. We are constantly seeking new opportunities to provide girls with the confidence to try and succeed in STEM. If you are interested in bringing a Rosie Riveters program to your community please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your business/place of employment is interested in supporting young women in STEM, please email us at this address (email@example.com). We have multiple opportunities for program sponsorship and involvement, including hosting STEM workshops at corporate events.